About this role
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a best-in-class provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from fundamental and quantitative active management approaches seeking to deliver outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
We believe the future of ETF distribution is digital. As ETF adoption skyrockets around the world, we have an outstanding opportunity to shape how the investment industry will evolve. We are on a mission to transform iShares.com, to champion investor progress by creating the most trusted, valued and relevant digital experience. Are you with us?
We are building out a digital product management function, and we’re looking for someone to run our US product squads for iShares.com and activate on this opportunity.
As a lead product manager, you will be responsible for understanding the business priorities and our clients’ needs, bringing the two together to drive commercial success. This includes leading, or working with product managers to drive, the strategy, roadmap, development and activation of iShares.com – owning its overall success.
To deliver the product, you will work with a cross-functional team with some regional dispersion. Additionally, the structure of the business means you will operate in a matrixed fashion with multiple partner teams. As you develop and execute the strategy and roadmap you will need to skillfully solve for this complexity of users and partners and take people on the journey with you. Additionally, you will partner closely with other internal digital distribution groups to ensure we are bringing the best of the full BlackRock platform to clients.
As you build your understanding of our clients, you will identify other unmet client needs and opportunities for new digital products. In these cases, you will scope the business case, conceptualize and pitch these ideas.
You’ll be customer-first advocate who is a confident communicator, super organized, resilient and respectfully anti-bureaucratic.
- Lead our US iShares.com products, including the vision and strategy, and be the first point of contact for the business
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes, scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Communicate product strategy so internal partners understand what we are focused on and why
- Use deep customer insight to evolve the iShares websites to improve customer experience and develop new product propositions
- Help us implement good product management practice, including regular metric sharing
- Keep leadership up to date with the team’s progress and provide a realistic picture of what is achievable with the resources at hand
- Stay on top of the competitor landscape and make this a regular practice
- Lead and mentor PMs to cultivate a culture of ownership throughout the product team
- Coach and mentor the team to run at the problem in the right way, using the right discovery techniques and tools, and ensure our product team is delivering the right things, at speed
- Work with marketing, PR, and other business partners on promotional plans to ensure that strategies are coordinated
- Ensure that cross-functional processes are smooth and inbound requests, maintenance and critical issues are swiftly resolved
- Represent the firm and the product by visiting clients to solicit feedback, and be flexible to travel for client insights