We are looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer or Engineering Manager to join our dynamic engineering organization of 15 engineers and lead a team of 2- 5 in the development of our health insurance software product. You'll lead the execution and delivery of a production-ready, maintainable system using Ruby on Rails and React that uses appropriate patterns and libraries to support its growth and maintenance by our company.
You'll facilitate the team's execution processes, making rapid technical and execution decisions, reporting on progress and avoiding roadblocks, and coding alongside your engineers to build and deliver the product. You'll report to the Director of Engineering, who will provide guidance, mentorship, training, and coaching in leading your team to success. You'll also have a peer group of other lead engineers in the organization to rely on for mutual support, bounce ideas, and collaborate.
- Lead. Lead an engineering team of 2-5 engineers in developing a high-profile product using Ruby on Rails and React.
- Manage. Oversee features and systems by implementing and facilitating agile, lean, and devops development practices.
- Cultivate. Ensure your engineers remain productive, effective, growing, and happy.
- Build. Pitch in by contributing to the codebase, ensuring the right foundational elements are being built in a maintainable, scalable manner and the system is evolving in an appropriate direction.
What We Offer
- Remote-first company
- A salary range between $195,000 - $210,000, depending on experience
- Great compensation package with meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable company. Offers competitive to SF Bay Area regardless of your location.
- Excellent benefits package that includes health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- 401K w/ match after grace period
- Employee assistance program
- Parental leave
- 4 weeks paid vacation, plus additional holidays
- Monthly grocery / internet stipend
- Formal mentorship and training along three distinct tracks (management, engineering, and leadership)
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome and encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.