Dyspatch is looking for a Lead Software Developer to join our dynamic Engineering team. We care about great engineering culture and creating a product that helps people work smarter, not harder. You’ll report to our Vice-President, Engineering and work with a talented team of engineers across Canada, and Dyspatchios across North America.
As a Lead Developer you’ll share responsibility for all things technical, including the development of our platform architecture, partner integrations, and data pipelines. You’ll also have the opportunity to shape how our growing team collaborates, ships software, and delivers high-quality technical solutions. As a team we’re responsible for maintaining a planned and prioritized technical roadmap so we can get ahead of any technical debt slowing us down.
We value building reliable software that scales and we’re looking for the type of person who loves discussing and learning about great technical architecture, and how it applies to real features in production. If you like tackling ambiguous problems, setting strategy, and actively mentoring more junior developers we want to talk!
Starting salary: CAD $150,000 - 180,000
We’re based in Canada and this role is open to candidates who currently have valid Canadian work authorization (a SIN) and currently reside in Canada. Our core meeting hours are 9:00 am - 2:00 pm Pacific Time, and we ask that you are available during that time — both for meetings and for connection.
We're a fully remote team and also maintain an office in Victoria, BC, where some team members are co-located. Coming to the office is optional, and most Dyspatchios work from home.
Our Engineering Culture
- We value elevating our engineers as technical owners of projects to give them the opportunity to learn, grow and see their vision executed technically
- We have biweekly sessions to discuss our technical architecture and how we might improve it
- We tie our work to Engineering Values that we work to maintain together as guidelines for a great and healthy engineering culture
- We develop our own in-house markup language to make writing email HTML easier
- We care about the community and want to give back by running events offering mentorship and networking opportunities to help elevate a great tech community within Canada