LeafLink is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our New York team who is passionate about working with teams that solve interesting, large-scale problems at a rapid pace. This role will focus on the design, buildout, and iteration of LeafLink Marketplace’s existing and emerging systems, enabling a new and massive revenue stream. As a member of our engineering team, you will be in a position to have a direct and lasting impact everywhere in the business. Your contribution will be immediate and have positive ripple effects across not just our business, but also the business of each of our customers.
LeafLink is currently gearing up to tackle a large-scale platform overhaul that will strengthen our position as a technical leader within the industry. As such, this role has the opportunity to help shape and grow this new platform, as well as work within new and growing technologies. It’s a very exciting time to join our engineering team!
Ideal candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving tough problems with the ideal solution, partnering effectively with various team members along the way. They should be personable, efficient, flexible and communicative, possess a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity, and have a passion and love for what they do. This role comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a department that’s fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing in all areas.
- Design, build, and iterate on our various commerce and marketplace products, helping shape the roadmap through iterative development cycles
- Lead by example for other members of the team as a dedicated, passionate, and flexible technologist who is constantly looking for the ideal solution to a problem
- Set and drive the architectural design and development objectives for our emerging suite of commerce and marketplace tools based on a flexible product roadmap
- Review and develop architecture plans based on product-driven goals for both internal and external teams, ensuring our department’s core engineering values remain a priority
- Be seen as “the person” by team members - leading by example as a dedicated, flexible technologist who is always looking for the ideal, elegant solution to a problem while still making sure to partner effectively with other areas of the department and company
- Help make critical software design decisions that will have a lasting impact on LeafLink Marketplace’s platform and products as well as leading and mentoring others to do the same
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products when it makes sense
- Analyze and evaluate existing solutions within the company and make decisions on whether to extend or refactor as needed
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Be able to troubleshoot and diagnose issues quickly and effectively when they arise, bringing calm and rationality to tense situations and providing a clear path forward for team members across multiple areas of the department
- Provide technical leadership and help mentor engineering, QA, operations, and product staff to deliver the best possible solutions for the company
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
- Move quickly and intelligently - seeing technical debt as your nemesis