What is Snackpass? ✨
At Snackpass we are building a social layer for commerce, where you can buy anything with friends. At $60M/year in sales volume, we are the largest social commerce platform in the US.
We are starting with mobile ordering for restaurants, where there is a 600B opportunity to take offline takeout and dine-in transactions online.
While we’ve seen the rise of online delivery apps, delivery only makes up 8% of the restaurant market. The rest — takeout and dine-in — remains offline, anonymous, and on the verge of disruption.
Snackpass is leading the way in the cashierless transformation. Registers are slow, inefficient, and create long lines. We believe that over the next five years, registers will be replaced by self-service kiosk and mobile order, and restaurant workers will be freed up to create food and service rather than punch in orders.
Unlike incumbent POS companies, we go beyond the transaction layer and create a rich relationship between the restaurant and its followers. Restaurants are brands with local followings, not commodities. We give merchants tools to grow and engage their customer base and convert offline, anonymous in-store traffic into digital followers.
For users, Snackpass is a way to save time, save money and connect with friends. We are building a social network unlike any other that exists today in the west. Social buying creates new ways to connect with friends over food. On Snackpass, you can share points, see your friends' orders, and team up to unlock value you can't get anywhere else.
We're looking for someone to be a full-stack engineer for one of our autonomous squads.
What's it like to work at Snackpass? 💖
- 🥇Customer first - Everything we do is either for our consumers or for restaurant partners. You will be engaging in brainstorming sessions to understand problems before proposing appropriate solutions. It directly translates to increased reliability and strengthens our customer trust.
- 💡Innovative ideas come from everywhere - You will be pitching creative suggestions and tightly collaborate with Product to provide a positively exciting experience, even for little things. Whether it is market research or solving critical customer problems, you will play a strong role in shaping up Snackpass solutions.
- 🦈 Share everything - Our meetings (Kickoff, Grooming, Planning and Retros) are open and shared with everyone in the team. You will be creating RFCs, participate in review and provide direct feedback (with good intent).
- 🔁 Iterate quickly - We ruthlessly and rigorously prioritize building crucial and value adding high impact features. You will be shipping often, apply rigor in our dogfooding process and always optimize for time to market.
- 🥞 Fullstack - We are cross functional full stack teams. Our stack includes React, React Native, Node.js, Express, MongoDB, Postgres, Heroku, AWS and GraphQL.
- 💕 Share our values - We also believe in simplicity, team programming, growing together and learning from our mistakes. If you like these, please check out our eng culture.
Projects you'll be working on 💻
- Take ownership of the lifeblood of Snackpass’ finances: the data flow from time of order to our internal ledger and external accounting services!
- Apply Clean Architecture principles to ensure correct, consistent and performant financial data for all internal and external clients.
- Cleanly integrate an external tax-calculation engine into our stack to handle the complexity inherent in a multi-state Marketplace Facilitator business.
- Design and create an extensible commissions framework to support rapidly onboarding restaurants at scale, while allowing Sales to freely experiment with different offers.
- Close the loop by integrating Snackpass’ internal accounting ledger with an external service (e.g. Quickbooks or NetSuite)
- Apply rigorous, comprehensive testing to these projects to ensure we ship correct software with confidence!