Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Invest, Crypto, Money Movement, Client Management and Growth are just a few of the teams currently hiring Engineers. Throughout the interview process, we’ll learn more about your skills and interests to match you with the right team at Wealthsimple 🙌
Our Tech Stack:
- We have a microservice architecture with over 100+ services — roughly half of them in Ruby on Rails, with the other half being Java/Kotlin
- Our frontend application is built in React/Redux, and we’re working towards a micro-frontend architecture
- We are currently evolving our architecture to adopt event-driven design with Kafka as well as using GraphQL APIs to represent our data model
- We host our services on Amazon Web Services and use things like RDS, Aurora, SQS, SNS, S3, Kafka, etc.
- We have support from infrastructure, security, and developer tools teams with a mission to help us work smarter
- We follow the latest best practices and have great tools for profiling, logging, tracing, tracking and experimenting
- We have a Redshift based data warehouse that integrates data from our back-end that allows you build tight feedback loops between what you ship and how it impacts your feature, your product and the overall company