About the opportunity
Our engineering managers lead the engineers that are responsible for implementing an industry-leading API that has already processed over $50 billion of cross-border transactions for over 5 million end-users, and is available to our clients 24/7.
We follow the principle of having small autonomous teams that are owners of their future. The Engineering Manager is responsible for all engineers in a team, including both Software and Quality engineers.
The Engineering Manager works closely with the Product Manager and Agile Delivery Manager of the team, in order to craft the best solutions for our customers.
We split the role into 3 basic areas:
- Grows team members and builds a high-performing team
- Spends time recruiting, and organising activities that increase retention
- Creates an environment of psychological safety, enabling team members to thrive
- Represents the team in the wider engineering and tech organisations.
- A key champion of our culture
- Drives the team to decide how to implement our product. Can break ties and has the last word on technical matters.
- Has a broad set of expertise and experience on various technical matters
- Spends time driving technical discussions and decisions, and writing code.
- Actively guide architecture, tool choices and internal technical quality and best practices
- Actively raises and drives Type 2 work to manage tech debt, scalability, performance and maintainability of our software
- Ensures support and operations for services in production with aid of their team.
- Drives technical excellence.
- Continually tunes the team software process to deliver a sustainable and seamless flow of value
- Managing productivity of the engineers in the team.
- Navigates and overcomes organizational processes and structures (i.e bureaucracy)
- Communicates, reports to, and aligns with stakeholders
- Ensures team ceremonies run smoothly, regularly, and efficiently.