Why this job is exciting
As a Director of Product, you will lead our exceptional high agency all-remote team to achieve ambitious objectives to make our search experience more user friendly, scale our code search to millions of repositories, build the semantic graph of code, and enable developers to automate batch changes in massive codebases. Our generous compensation philosophy, and your ability to hire from anywhere, will give you the unique opportunity to continue attracting the best talent in the world.
Within one month:
- You will start building a trusting relationship with your direct reports and peers.
- You will understand the what, why, and how of the projects that your teams are working on, how those projects contribute to our company goals, as well as current status, risks, and mitigations.
- You will build a better understanding of our high agency value by reading Turn the Ship Around and sharing your thoughts about it with your manager and your team.
Within three months:
- You will have a trusting relationship with your direct team and are able to connect their work to their own career goals.
- Your peers in product and engineering are enthusiastic to work with you because you reliably follow-through with your commitments.
- You will be able to communicate the 1-year vision for your teams, and the sustainable execution and hiring plan to get there.
Within six months:
- You will have improved planning, communication, hiring, and onboarding processes to help the team scale as we grow.
- You will celebrate the fact that your org has delivered key results in support of their objectives for the year.
- Sourcegraph Cloud provides an excellent search experience over 5.5 million repositories.
- Sourcegraph Cloud has the global semantic graph of code in 1+ languages.
- Batch changes is a successful and growing product.
Within one year:
- You will have hired and retained exceptional people to make our team even more representative of the world’s population.
- You will collaborate with product and engineering leadership to develop the next set of ambitious goals that your org should work towards.
- You will develop a clear technical and execution strategy to achieve that next set of goals.